The Network Operations Engineer is a member of the NOC team (10 colleagues – 4 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 4 in Singapore, 2 in Reston, USA) and reports to the Director Solution Engineer, who is based in Singapore.
As a Network Operations Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of the Expereo Network Infrastructure, with a focus on the hardware that supports our customer and Expereo core network services. The Expereo Network contains all routers, switches, servers, firewalls and other supporting equipment on hardware, software and configuration level. The network has different modules from backbone routers in the PoPs using MPLS/BGP to customer sites via mobile/IPSEC to office environment with firewalls and switches. Furthermore Expereo is expanding its product portfolio with other internet access based services.
This is a very broad and diverse function; we have not reached the scale where this function is closed within borders. The team is small and you will work with all the above mentioned elements.
Your primary tasks in this position will be to:
- Monitor all Expereo Core network elements (within Expereo PoP’s);
- Act on, and solve all network related incidents;
- Troubleshoot customer related incidents;
- Perform technical provisioning for all products that are not yet standardized or automated;
- Perform planned and proactive actions in order to keep the network (elements) running at the highest possible availability;
- Be the last technical point of escalation for the (CSC) support engineers in order to resolve technical issues involving clients’ network connections by analyzing the incident and pro-actively coordinating the repair process with providers;
- Train and coach Customer Support and (junior) engineers in specific technical area’s (depends on technical expertise of the network engineer);
- Administer the process of technical support accurately and share findings with colleagues;
- Participate in project teams as necessary to support the business.
- Completed relevant education (ICT, Electronics, Telecommunications);
- CCNA and CCNP certified or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience within a NOC environment;
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Ethernet based products, vlan tagging, QinQ, etc
- Access networking technologies (fiber, DSL, mobile, etc)
- Routers, switches (primarily Cisco)
- VPN solutions (public based on IPSEC/SSL or private based on MPLS and DMVPN)
- Network management systems / tools
- Preferably ITIL certified
- Communication skills are strong verbally and written. Often you will have to work ‘blindfolded’ and via telephone guide an engineer on location to connect or reconfigure a device;
- English proficiency is required; another language is beneficial;
- Team player and the ability to work under pressure;
- Analytical & precise with an eye for detail while keeping an overview;
- Creative & customer focused;
- Proven skills in coaching and training of technical staff;
- Proven hands-on skills in configuring (Cisco) network devices like routers and switches;
- Have project management skills and experience working with project management methodologies;
- Able and willing to work odd hours and during weekends for incidents, repairs and new installations;
- Able and willing to take part in on-call shifts and rotational shifts;
- Able and willing to travel locally and internationally (3-6 times per year) to perform maintenance, upgrades and roll-outs.
Expereo can only take candidates into consideration who have a valid working permit and who are based in Singapore (relocation will not be facilitated).
Depending on your experience, Expereo offers a competitive remuneration package. We have a dynamic international working environment.
Send your curriculum vitae and motivation to join our team to email@example.com referring to reference No.: JD-EXPSG-NOE.
Unsolicited 3rd party acquisition is not welcomed.