iVPN with local Internet breakout for shops around the world, with hand off at a central hub site located in the company’s data center, including dual uplink with automatic failover.
This international fashion retailer needed a homogeneous Internet VPN solution with secure Internet access to service their shops worldwide. Rather than locally order and manage the VPN and the local connectivity services at every location, they chose to contract with a leading global Telecommunications global carrier to provide and manage the network.
However, the carrier had regulatory constraints in certain markets and wanted to outsource the design, implementation and operational management of the end-to-end solution, so they turned to Expereo.
Expereo started with an extensive technical review, analysed all the requirements and designed a bespoke iVPN solution for the end customer. The final solution included a complex design that used a dual uplink at the central hub site, with one link based on MPLS provided by the carrier, and policy based routing to determine the correct choice of uplink, including fallback.
The end result for the global retailer was a cost-efficient and future-proof hybrid WAN, including MPLS and Internet VPN with local Internet breakout using Zscaler web security.
• Dedicated and Broadband Internet Access with Cisco iVPN routers in every retail store.
• Central hub site located in the retailer’s data center, including dual uplink with automatic failover.
• VPN tunnel management with 24×7 pro-active monitoring and support, and basic classes of service for direct mapping to MPLS.
• On-site cabling at sites with incomplete or missing internal wiring.
• Split tunnel configuration on the Cisco VPN router directing all local Internet breakout traffic to Zscaler.