Optimizing the security, performance, and cost of cloud services is an ongoing challenge for many WAN managers.
They need to balance the location of cloud on-ramps, different cloud connectivity methods, and often performance as SaaS etc. over internet links from the last to the middle and first miles. This panel will include discussion points such as:
- How do enterprises connect to cloud-based services? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the internet, peering, VPN, or private transport links?
- How are the CSP partner ecosystems evolving? Are CSPs working more directly with enterprises, or do enterprises rely more on partner service providers (telcos, colors, MSOs, system integrators) to assist enterprises in migrating to the cloud or connecting to cloud services?
- What services are available to address middle mile performance issues? Both from the CSP and other vendors?
- CSPs offer networking services, such as Azure’s Virtual WAN or AWS’s Global Accelerator, that route traffic over their private networks instead of the public internet. What are the pros and cons of using a CSP network versus a carrier network? Are they a substitute for telco and ISP services or complementary?
- How do you link together disparate public cloud operators?
- What methods do CSPs and enterprises use to secure cloud services? What are some potential gaps in security?