Expereo has been named in March 2018 Gartner research: “How to Choose the Right Level of Agility for Your Next Global Enterprise WAN” written by Bjarne Munch and Neil Rickard.
Key takeaways from the research:
• By 2020, approximately 10% of global enterprise WANs will use the internet as their only WAN service, which is an increase from fewer than 2% today.
• By 2020, more than 70% of global enterprise WANs will use a combination of MPLS/Ethernet and the internet in a hybrid WAN, which is an increase from the Gartner estimate of 50% today.
• The advent of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) has led to increased enterprise interest in using public internet services for WAN connectivity, rather than MPLS or Ethernet.
• Enterprise I&O leaders should use only the public internet for global WAN, if they source this through an aggregator or a provider that can manage all local relationships.
• Avoid using consumer-grade internet services for interactive applications or business-critical applications. Instead, prioritize business-grade internet.